The Breast Care Center
67 Thomas Johnson Dr. Suite 4
Frederick, MD 21702
1165 Imperial Dr. Suite 202
Hagerstown, MD 21742
ABOUT DR. STEVEN NAGEL
- Dr. Nagel is a Board Certified Surgical Oncologist specializing in breast disease diagnosis and treatment. He has more than 25 years of experience dedicated to working with women with breast cancer and benign diseases of the breast.
- Dr. Nagel received his Bachelor of Science degree from George Washington University, his Doctor of Medicine degree from Howard University College of Medicine and completed Surgical Internship and General Surgery residency at the Howard University Hospital.
- Dr. Nagel is fellowship trained in the surgical treatment of breast disease. He attended Roswell Park Cancer Institute for a two year fellowship in Surgical Oncology.
- Dr. Nagel is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of and the American Society of Breast Surgeons, The Society of Surgical Oncology, The American Society of Clinical Oncology and a Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery and the National Board of Medical Examiners.
- Dr. Nagel has served on the staff of The Breast Care Center at the National Naval Medical Center, The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer as the Cancer Liaison Physician for Frederick Memorial Hospital, the Cancer Committee of Frederick Memorial Hospital and on the Board of Directors of the American Cancer Society, Frederick County and Alameda County.
- Dr. Nagel’s main areas of clinical interest include: benign and malignant diseases of the breast, minimally invasive breast surgery, sentinel lymph node surgery for breast cancer and melanoma.
ABOUT THE BREAST CARE CENTER
- Personalized Breast Cancer Care for Every Patient
same day mammography results
timely biopsy results
treatment plan based on your individual needs
state of the art technology
advanced diagnostic and surgical care in personalized and compassionate environment
- The Breast Care Center’s state-of-the-art testing includes:
Minimally Invasive Biopsy Techniques
Needle Biopsy Under Sedation
Ultrasound Guided Biopsy
If you or your loved one has been diagnosed with melanoma, Dr. Nagel is ready to help. He is dedicated to providing the highest quality screening and care for men and women who have this disease. For more information on melanoma, click on tab at the top of this page.